Indian Oil Corporation Limited, an Indian public sector oil and gas company headquartered in New Delhi is hiring for 505 new technical and non-technical apprentice vacancies.
The organisation is hiring for the vacancies available at various IOCL locations in the eastern states of India, such as West Bengal, Bihar, Odisha, Jharkhand and Assam. All the shortlisted candidates will be working temporarily for a period of 1 year, and will get a monthly stipend prescribed under the Apprentices Act, 1961, 1973 or Apprentices Rules 1992 and Corporation’s guidelines.
- Candidate must have passed class 10 along with regular full-time ITI courses in Fitter, Electrician, Electronic Mechanic, Instrument Mechanic, and Machinist trades recognised by NCVT or SCVT can apply.
- Candidates with a three years diploma in mechanical/ electrical/ instrumentation/ civil/electrical and electronics/ electronics engineering from a recognised institute or university.
- They must have passed a diploma with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate for General, EWS and OBC categories.
- And 45% in case of SC or ST candidates against reserved positions can apply.
Trade Apprentice Accountant
- Candidates must be a full-time graduate in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate for General, EWS and OBC candidates and 45% in case of SC, ST or PwBD candidate.
Trade Apprentice Data Entry Operator (Fresher Apprentices)
- Non-graduate with class 12 are eligible to apply.
Trade Apprentice Data Entry Operator (Skilled Certificate Holders)
- Candidates who have passed class 12 or equivalent.
- Skill certificate holders in ‘Domestic Data Entry Operator are also eligible to apply.
Trade Apprentice-Retail Sales Associate (Fresher)
- Non-graduate with Class 12 are eligible to apply.
Trade Apprentice-Retail Sales Associate (Skilled Certificate Holders)
- Candidates must have passed class 12.
- Candidates with a skill certificate of ‘Retail Trainee Associate’ for training of less than one year
- The certificate must be issued by an awarding body recognised under the National Skill Qualifications Framework or any other authority recognised by the Central Government.
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of their educational qualification and their performance in the written test.
- The written test will be conducted in Hindi and English.
- The question paper will have 100 multiple-choice questions (MCQs) consisting of four options with one correct option.
Steps to apply
- To apply online, candidates are required to visit the IOCL website before February 26, 2021.
- Candidates can apply under Careers, Apprenticeships, and Engagement of Technical and Non-Technical Apprentices in Eastern Region (Marketing Division) section.
- They must also register themselves as a Trade Apprentice online in the Regional Directorate of Apprenticeship Training (RDAT) portal at apprenticeshipindia.org and with the Board of Apprenticeship Training (BOPT) portal at MHRDNATS portal.
Note – For detailed information regarding the open positions, candidates are advised to go through the official notification.