A happy employee is not a myth and to keep the workforce happy, most successful organisations have extremely modern work environments such as flexible work hours, lenient dress codes, daily meetings, realistic goals, office ping pong tables, free snacks, team events (lunches and outings), and more.
Companies are trying certain flexible work arrangements that come with several benefits, including more time with family, a reduced or eliminated commute, and increased productivity and focus. Also there is more focus on the one’s capability, being flexible and open in career options.
TimesJobs invited Deepa Kakkar, Senior Leader–HR (India, APJ) to discuss the topic ‘Career & Opportunities in the Flexible Work Environment’ in a TimesJobs Webinar conducted on February 18, between 12-1 PM.
She put some light on some great aspects of the flexible and hybrid workspace. Here are the key takeaways.
- How shifting engagement strategies to digital platforms and virtual collaboration tools enables employees to remain in touch with one another and customers.
- Tips for remote working, i.e. encourage office downtime, flexibility in applying/holding new types of roles not possible before Covid-19.
- How to stay engaged while working remotely.
- Career options for remote workers including engineering, sales, operations, marketing etc.
- How the network keeps us connected to colleagues and important services.
- The network and its ability to connect people has a tremendous role to play in helping the world navigate.
- Overcome the challenge of this coronavirus global pandemic.
- Why networks can successfully adapt to ever-changing demands so that people and companies can maintain their connections.