Google is offering a new entry-level cybersecurity certificate to teach learners how to identify common risks, threats, and vulnerabilities, as well as the techniques to mitigate them.
This fully online program provides the skills you need for an entry-level job in cybersecurity, even if you don’t have prior experience. You’ll use industry-standard tools like Python, Linux, SQL, Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools, and Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS).
Now prepare for a career as a cybersecurity analyst with a professional certificate from Google. Learn job-ready skills that are in demand, like how to identify common risks, threats, and vulnerabilities, as well as the techniques to mitigate them.
The certificate is the newest addition to Google Career Certificates, which provide job seekers with affordable paths to careers in data analytics, IT support, and business intelligence.
What you will learn
- Programming for cybersecurity tasks
- Frameworks and controls that inform security operations
- Using security information and event management (SIEM) tools for cybersecurity
- Detecting and responding to incidents using an intrusion detection system
- Performing packet capture and analysis
- Complete online certificate courses, at your own pace and time.
- Access career resources like coaching sessions, mock interviews, and a resume builder tool.
- Share your resume and get connected with national and local employers.
- Complete a Google Career Certificate to get exclusive access to CareerCircle, which offers free 1-on-1 coaching, interview and career support, and a job board to connect directly with employers, including over 150 companies in the Google Career Certificates Employer Consortium.
- Foundations of Cybersecurity
- Play It Safe: Manage Security Risks
- Connect and Protect: Networks and Network Security
- Tools of the Trade: Linux and SQL
- Assets, Threats, and Vulnerabilities
- Sound the Alarm: Detection and Response
- Automate Cybersecurity Tasks with Python
- Put It to Work: Prepare for Cybersecurity Jobs