An MBA programme in Entrepreneurship and Innovation will begin in August at the Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow. Applications close on June 30. This unique program that aims to provide potential entrepreneurs with the skills, knowledge, and industry exposure to successfully launch and operate their own venture.
The MBA Entrepreneurship and Innovation program is intended for people who wish to launch their own ventures as entrepreneurs. This requires candidates to have an entrepreneurial mindset, including risk-taking, hard work, creativity, and passion.
The program aims to enable such people to launch their own ventures by the time the program ends, or soon thereafter. The expectation is that participants will have developed their ideas, prepared a business plan, validated it, and sought and obtained funding for their venture.
Apart from imparting the required skills and knowledge, the program will focus on developing the industry knowledge and professional networks of the participants.
To be eligible for the Common Admission Test (CAT), candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in any discipline.
The program will accept candidates who have CAT 2022 or GMAT scores that were taken after January 1, 2021. The fee for the programme is Rs 14.30 lakh. This is the first of its kind programme offered by any IIM, as per the institute.
- A candidate aspiring for admission into the MBA (Entrepreneurship & Innovation) program must have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in any discipline as per the requirements of eligibility of the Common Admission Test (CAT) conducted by IIMs.
- Candidates must have a valid CAT 2022 score or valid GMAT score of the GMAT taken after 1st January 2021.
- Candidates will be shortlisted for the personal interview on the basis of their performance in the CAT/GMAT, scholastic achievement, gender, and relevant work experience.
- The personal interview stage will comprise a business plan presentation and interview. Personal interviews will be conducted in Bengaluru, Mumbai, Noida, and Lucknow.
During the 16 months of the program, you will:
- Identify and validate your business idea
- Acquire the knowledge and skills needed to launch and fund it
- Develop a professional entrepreneurial network needed to succeed
- Balanced between theory, skill, and practice
- Practical content and pedagogy
- 1:1 mentorship by existing entrepreneurs
- Internship opportunities with VCs, entrepreneurs
- Supported by an existing entrepreneur alumni community of more than 600
- Access to IIM Lucknow incubators
- Aims to get your venture launched by the program end
Interested students can get more information on— iiml.ac.in/programmes/post-graduate-programmes/mba-e-and-i.