Indian Institution of Technology Madras is offering a 12-week online course for Wireless and Cellular Communications through the NPTEL platform. The engineers that have completed or are pursuing a degree in electronics, electrical, communication, communication engineering, and signal processing with a good understanding of digital signal processing, digital and analogue communication can take the course.
Faculty Coordinator at IIT Madras SAT Student Satellite initiative, Professor R David Koilpillai will conduct the course.
Topics covered in the free online course for engineers:
The motive of the course is to offer the related impairments, in-depth understanding of wireless channel, antenna diversity, large or small scale propagation effects, MMO, understanding the design of the cellular system, and wireless channel capacity. Here are a few topics that will be covered in the course:
- Cellular Concepts – Adjacent channel interference, frequency reuse, blocking, handoff, C/I, Erlang Capacity, Cochannel
- Overview of a cellular system and its evolution
- Antenna diversity
- Wireless propagation – free-space path loss, link budget, fading margin, multipath fading, shadowing, the noise figure of the receiver, shadowing margin
- Wireless channel capacity
- Large scale propagation effects
- OFDM and LTE
The candidates can enrol themself till August 2, 2021, and the course will be conducted from July 26 to October 15. Enrol here.