Every team has a person who takes the lead in the meetings, turn the course of a meeting or discussions and comes up with ideas that can help the company to move towards successful growth.
Let’s call this person a ‘leader of meetings’. He is responsible for planning, organising, managing and leading the discussions. Here are some of the key responsibilities and roles of such leaders:
- They determine the goal and task of a meeting.
- They also decide the course of action that is the best possible way for obtaining the goal or purpose to the desired outcome.
- This leader determines major steps that can help in planning future processes.
- They also put together meeting pre-work such as reading, financial information, history, or related team meeting minutes,
- This leader ensures that the meeting has a recorder or minute taker for any commitments, action items, or decisions.
- The meeting leader’s task is to create a comfortable environment for the participants for exchanging ideas and information.
- They also follow up with participants between meetings to make sure the items are on track.
Are you one such leader? Let us know in the ‘comments’ section.