This role is with Gracenote, which is a part of a Nielsen Company. Gracenote’s Music Editorial team is made up of music enthusiasts with a deep knowledge of regional music trends and genres. The job location of this profile is Mumbai with an option of remote working. Here are the details:
- Ensure that album and artist metadata are of the highest quality.
- Apply independent judgment to review, correct and classify music-related data elements according to established standards and practices.
- Support discography review efforts.
- Ensure that metadata in new music content adheres to our standards.
- Research artists to verify metadata.
- Communicate issues and resolutions clearly and concisely, escalating problems as needed.
- Assist in creating and maintaining documentation of workflows, tool use, quality control.
- Learn and master internal Gracenote tools, technologies, data standards, and processes.
- BA/ BS degree required
- Comprehensive and well-rounded knowledge of a wide array of popular music and pop culture.
- Ability to review, navigate, and compare vast amounts of textual and imagery information from multiple information sources in a rapid manner.
- Ability to work independently, without direct supervision, surfacing problems or issues as necessary.
- Detail-oriented with good judgment, critical thinking, and a strong capacity for spotting trends and/or anomalies.
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with large amounts of data.
- Basic understanding of the current state of the (digital) music business, previous experience with the radio industry or related media industry job is a plus.
- Fluency/familiarity with languages other than English is a plus.
**Interested and eligible candidates can apply for this job on the official career page.