Saudi Arabia has launched electronic visa services for seven countries, including India. In its first phase, the procedure has been implemented at the Saudi missions in the UAE, Jordan, Egypt, Bangladesh, India, Indonesia and the Philippines. For those who are unaware, e-Visas will replace visa stickers on passports and make it possible to retrieve visitor data using a QR code. The initiative is part of a process of automating and improving the quality of consular services. The new service is expected to enhance Saudi Arabia’s tourism sector.
The introduction of e-visas will make it easier for those who want to travel to Saudi Arabia and it is expected to further simplify the process as well as reduce waiting times for visa applicants. In addition, it will also help to ensure greater security and reduce the risk of fraud. As per Tourism Minister Ahmed Al-Khatib in March 2023 the number of visitors to Saudi Arabia reached 2.4 million in January and rose to 2.5 million in February. The Kingdom aims to receive 25 million foreign tourists this year.
1. Embassy/Consulate Price: SAR 300 (about USD 80).
2. Application Fee: SAR 39.44 (about USD 10.50).
3. Medical Insurance Fees: not included (price determined based on the provider).
4. Entry: Multiple Entry or single entry depending on the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
5. Validity: The multiple entry visa is valid for a year from its issue date. The visa allows for stays up to 90 days.
1. You must be at least 18 years old to enter alone. Travellers under the age of 18 may enter only if accompanied by a parent, grandparent or adult sibling (over 18 years old).
2. Your passport must be valid for a minimum of six months beyond the date of entry into Saudi.
3. The following documents are also required to obtain an Embassy/Consulate/Tasheer visa: proof of residence (in the country in which you reside), return ticket, proof of employment, financial solvency/bank statement, flight itinerary, identification, residence address (where you are staying in Saudi).
Saudi Arabia recently introduced a three-month temporary work visa service that allows companies to issue temporary work visas that allow holders to work for three months from the date of entry.
Applicants for this visa do not need a residence permit or a work permit and the visa can also be extended but the application should be submitted by the employer or authorized representative of Qiwa. Organizations seeking temporary work visas must be active and have a valid commercial registration, except in cases where no commercial registration is required.