The telecommunications arm of Tata Group, Tata Communications is hiring fresher software engineers in Chennai. The 25-year old company is looking for software developers for the post of Engineer – Software Development/ IT Architecture. Here are the details.
Engineer – Software Development/ IT Architecture | Chennai
- Responsible for software development projects across multiple technologies (in-house or through vendors) for building new capabilities, driving automation and improve operational efficiencies (across Colocation, Data Centre, Cloud, MSS etc.).
- Formulates and defines specifications for complex operating software programming applications, including commercial applications.
- Drives design, development, testing, debugging and implementation of software applications or specialised utility programs using current programming languages and source code to support end-users’ needs.
- Performs regular updates and recommends improvement to existing applications using engineering releases and utilities.
- Establishes technology standards for applications development and is also responsible for software quality assurance by reviewing process compliances, identifying pain points, and driving improvement initiatives.
- Assists supervisor in development testing.
- Prepares software development calendar.
- Also, prepares reports and dashboards on project time deviations, rework time etc.
- Works efficiently and productively with broad instruction.
- Regularly participates in important projects or activities as a fully contributing team member, and is able to proactively identify important issues or risks, seeks the appropriate level of guidance and advice to ensure delivery of quality outcomes.
- This is an operational role which is responsible for delivering results that have a direct impact on the achievement of results within Software Development.
- Able to identify problems and provide inputs to improve, change or adapt existing methods and techniques drawing from personal experiences and feedback.
- Actively acquires more complex skills, techniques, operating practices, knowledge of abstract concepts in order to progress toward full proficiency in the field of specialisation.
- Has skills and knowledge that will allow them to adapt to effectively deal with unfamiliar issues, challenges, problems within their field of specialisation.
Education: B.E. / B. Tech/ MCA / BCA
Experience: 0-4 years
- Working experience in Bootstrap CSS, D3 or any other chart libraries
- Good understanding of AJAX, promises and observable
- Working experience on testing tool karma/jasmine
- Should have knowledge on UI / UX wireframe