Certificates are skill-based programmes designed by industry experts and professionals to provide students with the technical skills they need to become web developers. The relevant credentials can assist you in pursuing a variety of web development specialities and becoming adept in the usage of industry-standard tools and platforms.
The common certificates available for aspiring and practising web developers are listed below:
1. Adobe Certified Expert (ACE)
Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) certification verifies professional-level knowledge and skills in one or more Adobe graphic design or digital communication tools. A course of study that includes Adobe ACE certifications will help you prepare for a variety of creative design jobs, such as graphic designers or web developers. There are two ways to obtain certification.
- Prerequisites & expected courses: No restrictions (typically), although Adobe assumes that candidates have extensive experience with exam topics. Training is recommended (prices range from $900 to $3,600 for virtual and classroom training).
- Number of exams: One per product
- Cost: $180 per exam. Purchase individual exam vouchers through Adobe Certification Marketplace.
2. Zend Certified PHP Engineer
The Zend Certified PHP Engineer certification is widely recognised in the industry. Your PHP skill is validated, and your employability is increased. PHP is a scripting language used by web developers to build professional websites. Programming, input/output, grammar, data types, and object-oriented programming are among the subjects covered in the exam. This accreditation aids in the acquisition of lucrative work opportunities.
- Prerequisites: Applicants need to know the technologies used by PHP developers in their file
- Cost: $195
3. Microsoft Technology Associate
Microsoft provides excellent training possibilities in emerging software technologies. You can choose the most applicable certificate from their extensive list of recognised credentials based on your expertise, talents, and abilities.
The Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) certification provides the foundational knowledge needed to seek higher-level certifications such as Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) or Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD).
For newcomers looking to restart their IT careers, the MTA certification could be a good place to start. For high school/college students or anyone new to web programming, the MTA certification is ideal.
- Exam format: There are various exams for each topic. The questions are in multiple-choice format
- Cost: $115
- Validity: MTA certifications do not expire and have a lifetime validity
4. Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer/ Associate
Individuals who are familiar with Microsoft technologies and have hands-on expertise can take the Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD) or Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) exams right away.
Application lifecycle management, Windows Store Apps, Web Applications, and SharePoint Applications are the four tracks of the MCSD. This certification will help you stand out from the crowd of web developers.
5. Amazon Web Services
This exam is for professionals who have worked in web development jobs and have more than one year of experience promoting and maintaining an Amazon Web Service or AWS-based application.
You must pass a multiple-choice exam that can take up to 130 minutes to complete in order to receive this certification. This exam will set you back $150, with a practice exam available for an extra $20.
- Exam Cost: 150 USD (approx INR 10,439)
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice, Multiple-Answer
- Validity: 3 years